- Myrtle Werth Health Center opens, replacing Memorial Hospital.
- First Tinman Triathlon held in Menomonie.
- Red Cedar State Trail completed and available for hiking, biking, and skiing.
- Greenwood Players children's theater founded by Marion Lang.
- Dunn County Heritage Center Museum on Wilson Park unveiled in August.
- Creamery Restaurant opens for business in Downsville under management of the Thomas family.
- Hunt-Wesson acquires Beatrice Foods, including Sanna.
- Menomonie returns to a mayoral form of government and elects Charles "Chuck" Stokke mayor.
- First annual Christmas Faire of fine crafts held at UW-Stout. It later moved to the Mabel Tainter Memorial where it continues under the management of Nancy Blake.
- First issue of monthly Lamp Lighter published by Steve Lampman of Boothby Print shop in June. It ceases publication after five colorful issues in October/November.
- First annual Taste of Menomonie held on the Wilson Place Museum grounds in September.
- Charles W. Sorensen succeeds Robert Swanson as chancellor of University of Wisconsin-Stout.
< Last Decade | Next Decade >