1970
  • Swiss Miss goes into national distribution.


1971


  • Stout State University becomes University of Wisconsin-Stout.


1972


  • Robert Swanson becomes chancellor of the University of Wisconsin-Stout replacing William J. Micheels.


1973


  • Red Cedar Junction railroad line paralleling the Red Cedar River, constructed in 1882 and which serviced the Knapp, Stout & Company, abandoned and acquired by the Wisconsin Dept. of Natural Resources; it would later become the Red Cedar State Trail.

  • Badger Iron Works moves its operation to the new Industrial Park.


1974


  • Mabel Tainter Memorial listed on National Register of Historical Places.


1975


  • Menomonie Engineering founded.

  • Environmental impact statement for proposed Red Cedar State Trail submitted and approved, clearing the way for trail development.

  • Wieser Concrete opens operations in the Industrial Park.


1976


  • John and Jackie Dotseth finish restoring Wilson/Stout home and open it to the public as the Wilson Place Museum.


1978


  • Menomonie Engineering changes its name to Cedar Corporation.


1979


  • First annual summer Chautauqua of the Pinery held.




< Last Decade | Next Decade >