- Swiss Miss goes into national distribution.
- Stout State University becomes University of Wisconsin-Stout.
- Robert Swanson becomes chancellor of the University of Wisconsin-Stout replacing William J. Micheels.
- Red Cedar Junction railroad line paralleling the Red Cedar River, constructed in 1882 and which serviced the Knapp, Stout & Company, abandoned and acquired by the Wisconsin Dept. of Natural Resources; it would later become the Red Cedar State Trail.
- Badger Iron Works moves its operation to the new Industrial Park.
- Mabel Tainter Memorial listed on National Register of Historical Places.
- Menomonie Engineering founded.
- Environmental impact statement for proposed Red Cedar State Trail submitted and approved, clearing the way for trail development.
- Wieser Concrete opens operations in the Industrial Park.
- John and Jackie Dotseth finish restoring Wilson/Stout home and open it to the public as the Wilson Place Museum.
- Menomonie Engineering changes its name to Cedar Corporation.
- First annual summer Chautauqua of the Pinery held.
< Last Decade | Next Decade >