- Grand and Orpheum theaters close and move to the new State Theater.
- Sanna Dairies develops a cocoa mix under the brand name Swiss Miss for an airline.
- Dunn County Historical Society incorporated as a nonprofit organization.
- Stout Institute becomes Stout State College.
- Devastating tornado rips the area just north of the city, leaving more than two dozen dead and hundreds of homes and barns destroyed or damaged.
- Last class graduates from the Dunn County Normal School and the building becomes part of Stout State College.
- Doors to Dunn County School of Agriculture and Domestic Economy, the "Aggie," close for the last time in June.
- Menomonie Theater Guild organized; produces three one-act plays.
- New Dunn County Courthouse constructed.
- Mabel Tainter Memorial Preservation Association formed to restore the memorial building, largely abandoned except for the reading room, since the Depression. Between 1961-87, more than 4150,000 is raised and spent on restoration.
< Last Decade | Next Decade >